No, your reserved IP addresses should always be within the range of the starting and ending IP addresses you set under LAN Settings. You will see an error message if you try to reserve an IP address outside the range. If you have already reserved a list of IP addresses, then you can update the IP range to include them. For any reserved IPs that are not within this range, they will be wiped out of the reservation list.
Articles in this section
- How to Configure Port Forwarding in the Vilo App
- How to Turn on Automatic Firmware Upgrade In The Vilo App
- If my upper level gateway is 192.168.58.x, would it conflict with my LAN IP address?
- If the private IP address is not within the range of start IP address and end IP address, can I add it as a DHCP reservation?
- How to Update Your Vilo Firmware
- In app Vilo features
- In app device features
- How to Use Parental Controls
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Restart Wi-Fi