If you or your customers are experiencing issues when trying to use Vivint Home Security Systems with Vilo, please use the following suggestions:
- Turn off the band steering feature on Vilo. You can do this using one of two ways:
- In the Vilo ISP Portal: view the network, go to Wi-Fi settings and toggle off the switch for band steering.
- In the Vilo App: tap on the network from the home screen, click into “System Dashboard” and select band steering. On the “WiFi Settings Page”, toggle off the switch for band steering. You can find more information here.
- Go to the Vivint control panel, and manually (do not scan) set the SSID & password of the 2.4ghz Vilo network.
- If manually connecting still does not work, you will need to have the end user acquire a Vivint Air Bridge, which is an extender that has ethernet out. You can find more information here.